Stacey's Trip to China

I am Studying Abroad in Shanghai, China for 6 weeks! I thought I would share some of my thoughts, stories, and experiences with you. Enjoy and leave me messages!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Relaxing Day

Hello all. Today was a very relaxing and boring day, so I don't have much to write. Instead, I will reply to the few precious emails that I received.

But first I'll tell you a little about my day and night last night. The bar last night was really lame. It was Canada Day yesterday and since Plan B is a Canadian bar, we thought it would be fun. Unfortunately I got extremely homesick when I got there, and I wasn't in the mood to drink so I ended up taking a cab back by myself and going to bed a little early... which was about 2am. Canada was pretty fun for awhile and we were watching the World Cup so for awhile it was fun. I'm just not a bar girl though. Oh well.

So we all slept in a ton today. I didn't get up until 11am, then i read until about 12:30. Finally we went to lunch at a place called Hello Pizza. It actually had silverware! It okay, I think I would have rather had Chinese food just because the pizza wasn't great. It made me miss Hungry Howies. On the way home we stopped at a sidewalk movie store. I found the Sex and the City box set for about $15. It was amazing. So while the rest of the group watched Lord of the Rings (yuck!) I watched a little Sex and the City.

Drew and I went to our usual restaurant tonight. We enjoy the egg fried rice there. But on the way home I stopped at a street vendor to get broccoli on a stick! This guy has all of these meats and veggies on a stick and he roasts them over an open fire with oil and some seasoning salt stuff. It was so good. Man I missed broccoli. I am going to frequent this guy more often.

So that was it for my day. I'm about to head back downstairs to my room to do some homework. Hopefully tomorrow I will have the internet back in my room. I'll let you know.

As for emails. Miss Maggie Hidalgo. Thank you so much for the email sweetheart. I was so excited to see an email from your mom and then to see that it was actually from you! I'm so glad that you loved Horse Camp! I'm so proud of you! I wish I could have been around to meet your horse and your counselors. Did you do well staying overnight? I'm sure you did because you are so brave. I told you that you would make a friend at Horse Camp! Are you going to keep in touch with her? I hope so!Tell you mom thank you for the pictures. They were the cutest pictures ever and I will put one of them up on my background on my computer when I get my internet back tomorrow. I miss you guys so much and I will be so sad tomorrow when I am not babysitting for you. How many days until I get to see you up in Glen Arbor? Tell your parents, Jackie-boy, Miss Molly-Dolly and Joey that I said hi and that I miss them! Give them hugs and kisses for me too k? Oh and keep reading about China! Email me about the things that you have learned so far. I love you Mags.

Erin, thanks for your email as well. It was nice to get caught up with what you are doing. Tell Bill I said hi and that I miss him. And when you are in Grand Haven this weekend look for Joe's family camping. I think they would like to see you guys. Oh and ask Sarah if she still has questions about classes in the fall. She can email me if she does. Haha oh and if you see Joe tell him your plan on us buying a yacht someday. He will enjoy that. That is so exciting that Rachel Veenema is doing camp too! I think you girls will have a blast. I'm kinda sad that you won't be doing it with me, but I understand. Just make sure that you come out for the talent show. Enjoy Memoirs of a Geisha. I am now on the last chapter. I haven't been able to put it down! You're right, we sisters do think a like. Reading the same books and everything... I'm reading The Devil Wears Prada next. I want to read it before I see it in the theater. Joe, I don't think I can see it in English here.. which means you will have to take me when I get back ;o)

Anyways, thanks again for all of the emails and messages that I have been receiving. Joe, I love you and again, have fun camping this week. I'll email you as soon as I get internet back!

Until tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stace,

I just got the chance to read this posting. AHHHHH>>>>>>>>>> HELLO PIZZA is the BEST when you are in need of some semi-American food. We went there alot. Did you get the one with egg plant on it???

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home