Stacey's Trip to China

I am Studying Abroad in Shanghai, China for 6 weeks! I thought I would share some of my thoughts, stories, and experiences with you. Enjoy and leave me messages!

Monday, July 24, 2006

2 Weeks!!!

Well, 2 seconds ago this sight wasn't working, but now it is! So I will leave a quick post.

I don't really have too much to say. I haven't really done anything in the past 2 days except study at Starbucks. I feel as though I live there right now! I'm sure I will be spending more time there in the next few days as I try to wrap all of my school work up. I can't wait for this stuff to be done with! I really just want to get out into Shanghai and enjoy my last week here, so I'm pushing myself to try and get everything done. Unfortunately I am a terrible procrastinator and I tend to only write papers under pressure. So we'll see how it goes.

I have an exam from hell tomorrow. I usually don't study too hard for my first test of a semester, just because I don't know what to except. Well, unfortunately this first test is also my last. I have NO idea what to expect. She gave us a study sheet, but it pretty much covers everything that we have gone over in the past 2 weeks... which is a lot. So I have been going like crazy. I am going to get up early tomorrow morning (6 hours from now) to study some more. I expect that I will promptly forget most of the material that I am attempting to learn right now as soon as this exam is over. It's unfortunate.

Alright, well I am going to bed. I need some sleep so I can get up early. Just a few thank yous though.

Jay.. again, Thank you. Your email pointed me in the right direction and it was like a breath of fresh air. I am looking forward to hearing those verses.

Devon my love... my gal pal :o) Thank you for the email. I haven't had a chance to write you back yet, but as always it made me smile! I hope you do decide to go back and get your masters. You would make a wonderful Social Worker :o) Oh and I hope you had a blast at the Kingma Whitecaps Outing today :o) You know I am way jealous!

Tricia (Gaastra of course!) Thank you for your message! It was such a nice surprise to hear from you! Tell your whole family that I said hi!

Mom and Dad, I just emailed you a short email.

Joe, you have an email as well. Enjoy dinner with my parents and hanging out with your India people tonight! I love you.

Goodnight everyone. Now that the weekend is over I am hoping to get lots of emails!! ;o)

P.S. 2 weeks from tonight I will be flying into GR Airport! I can't believe it's almost here! I'm SO excited to get home, but I am also feeling as though I will miss Shanghai, and China a lot. I am very glad that I am feeling this way... I was afraid that I would get through this trip and never look back, but that is not true. I really have learned a lot about myself, God and I have also learned to love this city and country. Can't wait to come back someday :o)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home